Day 16 - Thursday, February 5, 2009 - Lay Off Triggers MacGruber Effect


As I sat at my computer in our RV, my husband at his computer, I suddenly could see myself as the terrified sidekick of SNL's MacGrubber spoofs.

"MacGrubber, we have 10 seconds (translated - 10 days before we're insolvent). Here use the tax forms, let's fill them out right away. We'll get a refund."

"Now, now, Katy,

don't panic just hand me a pencil while I jot down this number of a software position in Alaska." His voice is calm and reassuring.

"But MacGrubber, we only have 5 seconds now. Can you use this picture of the collectibles we picked up at Goodwill to sell on ebay? Or how about this .jpg of our lawn mower that we could post on craigslist.com?"

"Don't be silly, Katy. Just hand me a diet coke and those ping pong paddles. (I'll just patch them to create a nice relaxing break for us and..."

Booom!!!!!!!!!!!